Join us to support our community and those in need of blood transfusions, by donating through our blood drive with the American Red Cross. Sign-up information will be sent home with your student.
Why Give Blood
- Blood is needed every two seconds.
- About one in seven people entering a hospital needs blood.
- Blood is always needed for treatment of accident victims, cancer patients, hemophiliacs and surgery patients.
- Blood cannot be manufactured.
- Only 37 percent of our country's population is eligible to give blood, and less than 10 percent of those who can donate actually do donate annually.